Faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students can request an account. If you have a faculty PI, adviser or lab head, please note that in the sponsor field or comments.

Request an account by following these steps:

  1. Go to and log in with your onyen.
  2. Search for Compute Cluster Access in the catalog section of
  3. Click on Computer Cluster Access.
  4. Complete the service request form and click “Request”.

You will be notified by email when your account is ready.

_________ NOTE: If the search of for the Compute Cluster Access service request turns up empty and you are sure you are logged into with your onyen, please send email to with a screen shot of your entire search results page, including the top banner portion and indicate that you cannot request the account you need. Answer the following in that email: *

  • Your name and onyen:

  • Your Department:

  • Phone number to reach you while your jobs are running (if we need to):

  • Your Email address:

  • Your preferred shell (bash or tcsh):

  • Faculty sponsor name:

  • Faculty sponsor onyen:

  • Type of subscription: Longleaf or dogwood

  • A description of the type of work you will do on the cluster

*Your account will have to be created manually while our system administrators research what is missing from your onyen in __________

To learn more about Longleaf visit the Longleaf cluster page and to learn more about Dogwood check out the Dogwood cluster page.


Last Update 7/15/2024 7:40:59 PM